With the implementation of the national lockdown to flatten the curve of the COVID19 pandemic, many families have been left destitute without the means to earn an income and provide for their families.
Focusing on Pietermaritzburg and surrounding areas, Porky’s People, has created a campaign on donations based crowdfunding platform, BackaBuddy, to support as many families as possible with food and other essential items during the lockdown.
Honoring social distancing guidelines, funds raised by our campaign will be converted into digital food vouchers that can be redeemed at any local Shoprite supermarket.
We also welcome donations in the form of food parcels, if any individuals or small businesses would like to join our efforts to feed vulnerable families during this time.
With kind donations from Joey’s Breakdown Services, Car Towing PMB and ABC Towing, we have thus far managed to feed 20 families. If you would like to support our initiative with donations in kind, please Contact Us.
“During this uncertain and unprecedented time, we need to look to our communities and lend a helping hand where we can. While we are physically apart, we are still connected and have the possibility to create meaningful change. Alone we can’t do much, together we can change the world. It takes a village.” – Porky’s co-founder, Zane Groenewald.
We have received an overwhelming amount of requests from families in and around Pietermaritzburg who are struggling both financially and psychologically due to the covid19 outbreak.
With our campaign, we will do our best to help as many people as possible on a first-come, first-serve basis. We hope the public will join us in raising funds as we strive to overcome this global pandemic.
Join us in feeding vulnerable families in Pietermaritzburg, donate here: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/feeding-pietermaritzburg
Please note: Funds raised will be administered by BackaBuddy NPC and transferred directly to Shoprite for its intended purpose.
How you can help
- Donate to our BackaBuddy crowdfunding campaign to help us purchase digital food vouchers for families in need.
- Share our campaign to help us reach more people. Did you know? Crowdfunding campaigns are 350% more likely to succeed if shared on social media.
- Please Contact us if you or your business is able to assist with food parcels or donations in kind. Theresa: 0658640144
Applying for help.
Please note, we will re-open our sign up form, as soon as we have been able to help the first 70 families who have reached out. Vouchers will be purchased and distributed based on funds raised by our BackaBuddy crowdfunding campaign.
Create your own crowdfunding campaign
- BackaBuddy has supported more than 10 000+ individuals and charities in setting up crowdfunding campaigns for medical fees, tuition and various other causes in South Africa.
- Raise funds for an individual or cause.
- Register your non-profit organisation.
- Create a crowdfunding campaign to fundraise for a non-profit organisation.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about crowdfunding here
Connect with us
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/porkyspeople/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/porkyspeople/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/porkyspeople/