COVID-19 South Africa: Daily Cases, Testing stations & Vaccine registration
In the fight against COVID-19, reliable information is key. We have put together this information hub to guide you and your loved ones during these unprecedented times. Stay Safe and Stay Home, South Africa.
Latest COVID-19 statistics
To find out how many active COVID-19 cases South Africa has, the death and recovery rate, how many tests have been conducted, and how many vaccines have been administered per province, visit the Department of Health’s website here.
Visit a COVID-19 testing station near you
If you think you might have contracted the coronavirus, you can call the NICD helpline (0800 029 999) and you will be advised on possible testing facilities.
Register for the COVID-19 Vaccine
As per the South African government, COVID-19 vaccines will be rolled out in a three-phase approach that begins with the most vulnerable in our population, as indicated below.
- Phase 1: The country’s estimated 1.2 million frontline healthcare workers.
- Phase 2: Essential workers, persons in congregate settings, persons over 60-years and persons over 40-years.
- Phase 3: The final phase will target 22,5 million members of the population. The target is to vaccinate 67% of the population by the end of 2021, in order to achieve population-immunity.
How to register for the COVID-19 vaccine:
- You can now register on the COVID Whatsapp number by sending “REGISTER” to 0600 123 456.
- You can also register by SMS by dialing *134*832*your ID number.
- If you don’t have an ID number just dial *134*832#.
Register for the COVID-19 Vaccine online here:
For everything you need to know about Covid-19: How the virus is contracted, what to do if you have tested positive, the lockdown rules and regulations, explaining Covid to kids, and more, visit the Department of Health’s website here.
Donate to stop the spread
Public benefit organisation, the Gift of the Givers, is issuing a call to action to all South African citizens, private & corporate, individuals and companies, to come together and support the medical staff and facilities on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the launch of their crowdfunding campaign on BackaBuddy, over R2 Million rand has been raised to stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep South Africans safe.
Donors are eligible for a Section 18A certificate issued by the organisation.
Make a donation
Have you been exposed to COVID-19?
Download the FREE COVID Alert SA app, to determine if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Connect with Porky’s