Image credit: Sweet Melodie’s Photography
This Christmas, we adopted the Juno Aurora Haven foster home, launched in 2013, that cares for 23 abused and neglected children with limited resources in Sandton, Johannesburg.
We recently met Naledi, a 4-year-old from the home who recently underwent life-saving heart surgery to remove a growth just below her left aorta and fix the hole in her heart, thanks to kind donations to her BackaBuddy crowdfunding campaign.
In meeting Naledi, we were introduced to her foster-siblings and were charmed by their manners and charismatic personalities.
Knowing that these lovely children would go without christmas presents this year, Porky’s set up a campaign to raise funds to purchase beautifully wrapped gifts to spread love and joy at the home this festive season.
Thanks to many kind donations and the help from a couple lovely people, we are happy to announce that our campaign was a resounding success, raising almost R7000. (see below)
- Thank you to Javonne Addinall from One Insurance for putting together sweet packs for the Christmas party as well as organizing a raffle of wine (kindly donated by Sallie-Anne Mattisson) and headphones (donated by Andre Scholtz).
- Thank you to Ashton Addinall and Bobby Borisov for the hiring of the jumping castle on the day of the party.
- Thank you to Sweet Melody’s Photography for taking beautiful photos. (see below)
- And last, but not least, thank you to our donors who made this all possible: Patrick Anderson, Cleo Anderson, Kathy Marshall, Chris Anderson, Collette Malić, Neb Malić, Tagen Vince, Cayla Vince, Renay Tandy, Anneke Mackenzie, Romario Valentine, Delsha Moodley, Gary La Grange, Claire van Rensburg, Melody Eggar, One Insurance, Renu Williams, LeeAnne and Rudy, Kirsty Olwagen, Antoinette Kloppers, Arl, Jess and our secret santa’s who chose to remain anonymous.
‘Tis the season!
Take a look at some of the memorable moments from the Juno Aurora Haven christmas party!
View our crowdfunding campaign:
If you would like to launch your own Christmas crowdfunding campaign on BackaBuddy, click here.
Have a safe and blessed Christmas with your loved ones.
Create a crowdfunding campaign
South Africa’s leading crowdfunding platform, BackaBuddy has supported more than 10 000+ individuals and charities in setting up fundraising campaigns for medical fees, tuition and various causes in South Africa. The platform has thus far raised over R200 Million.
- Raise funds for an individual or cause.
- Register your non-profit organisation.
- Create a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for a non-profit organisation.
Connect with Porky’s
Subscribe to Porky’s here
Support Porky’s in spreading kindness and helpful information by donating to our crowdfunding campaign on BackaBuddy.