After Black Friday, Comes #GivingTuesdaySA.
On 3 December 2019, following the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday & Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season when many individuals focus on their holiday & end-of-year giving.
Harnessing the power of social media & collaboration, #GivingTuesdaySA encourages individuals and non-profits alike to reach out to their communities, with the aim of creating meaningful social change and spreading goodwill.
Boasting 14.2 billion impressions globally, the movement to inspire generosity and random acts of kindness raised over $380M last year and reached over 4.4M South Africans.
“When so much attention is given to what makes us different, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and views together. Generosity is our individual power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value we can all act on” says #GivingTuesdaySA lead, Laura Parker.
Join South Africa’s leading donations based crowdfunding platform, BackaBuddy in celebrating #GivingTuesdaySA
This is how you can get involved:
- Donate to a cause you’re passionate about by visiting www.BackaBuddy.co.za.
- Crowdfunding campaigns are 350% more likely to be successful if shared on social media, visit @backabuddysa on Facebook to help create awareness for a campaign that inspires you! Don’t forget to hashtag #GivingTuesdaySA.
- If you’re a non-profit or community organisation, register on BackaBuddy to raise funds for various needs you might have.
- Individuals are also encouraged to create a crowdfunding campaign to support their favourite charity on #GivingTuesdaySA. Set your fundraising target, share your personal story and introduce your cause to your networks!
For more information about BackaBuddy, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What else can you do to give back on #GivingTuesday
- Volunteer your time to support a local charity. Children can also join the youth-led social change activation movement #GivingTuesdayKids and log their act of service.
- Sign a petition on Change.org
Whether it’s helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving to causes we care about, every act of generosity counts.
Learn more about #GivingTuesdaySA by visiting www.givingtuesdaySA.org or email info@GivingTuesdaySA.org.
Follow Giving Tuesday on social media: @GivingTuesdaySA